Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So I guess it's fall . . .

I have a hard time with the first day of school in CA. When I was a kid it FELT like fall. The leaves were changing color and the long pants and the sweater your mom bought you were actually weather appropriate. Today was 107 and I don't think the traditional Minnesotan back-to-school outfit was on anyone's body.

My kids are Californians. Yeah for new traditions!

Since I made Heidi a new school dress the other girls decided they wanted one too. Molly's is a cupcake dress and Emily's has Japanese dolls on them. She's all about Japan these days. Really. This week a Japanese exchange student is coming over and she can't wait. Notice that Heidi is still wearing her school dress (but the reverse side of the last time it appeared on the blog). She has been to school three days and has worn that dress three times. I wonder when she'll want to wear something else. (Also, that reminds me, I have to go change the washing so I can get the dress out for tomorrow. Done. Isn't it fun to do chores together?)

Check this kid out! She looks so grown up to me! She's in second grade and I cannot believe it. We are so excited about her teacher and her classmates. I asked Emily what she wants to learn this year and she told me "cursive and multiplication". OK then, here's to a year filled with cursive and multiplication!

Cute little Molls started Kindergarten today. She has the same teacher Emily had and we couldn't be happier about that. When Molly went into the classroom she sat right down on the rug. Apparently she didn't want to waste time coloring or playing little games. She was ready to get down to business. She has lots of cute friends in her class and gets excited to talk with them. I hope that she will learn to NOT talk for at least part of the day.

Happy fall!

10 comments:

NaDell said...

Good job on the dresses! They are adorable! Olivia would fit right in with all the dresses. Elizabeth-not so much. I stock up on jeans for her. Our school starts next week. I can hardly wait, except that means I'll be done with my PTA Summer break too. =)

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

Ahhh, the girls are so cute! I can't believe Mols is in Kindergarten. Watch out world! Let's get together soon!~

Raimi said...

Happy back to school. You never cease to AMAZE me. Their dresses are darling. I hope your girls have a fabulous year.

Herlehy Family said...

Adorable girls and great job on the dresses! I absolutely love the last photos of the girls. Hope the school year is full of many happy days for all of the girls. BTW your girls are getting so grown up, I still remember Emily at 3.

Stacey said...

How can you stand their cuteness? I sure hope Molly's teacher has some advanced puzzles...

Martha Blood said...

Happy school year! I love your little girls.

monica said...

Cute girls. I love their dresses. I just thought, "I want to make those for my kids! I need to find out the pattern from Laurie." Then I remembered that I have 3 boys. Think they could carry it off?

Start of school is so exciting!

Chelsea said...

You made dresses?? So cute! And I love that Heidi has been wearing hers every day. So awesome.

sunnyside said...

What fun traditions. You are awesome!

Aunt Spicy said...

Your girls are adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails