Monday, December 29, 2008

Wocka Wocka

Once a week, Scott takes one of the girls on a daddy-daughter date.  They usually do some sort of errand or fun activity and then get some ice cream.  The girls talk for weeks about which "ice cream store" they want to go to when it's their turn.  It's very cute.  

Last week it was Emily's turn.  She wanted to go to Guitar Center and check out the instruments and DJ equipment.  

This is one of my all-time favorite photos.  It's so Emily. 
She would LOVE to be a real DJ.

She was checking out the drums and told Scott she had a joke for him.

E: Knock knock.
S: Who's there?
E: Banana.
S: Banana who?

You know the joke.  Eventually it got to . . . 
E: Orange you glad I didn't say banana! 

Before Scott could react she hit the cymbal with her drumstick!
She gave herself her own rim shot!
Then she told another joke and did it again.

This was much, much funnier than the actual jokes.  Silly girl!

4 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Emily would make a great DJ! You guys are great parents, I love the weekly daddy daughter dates...keep up the great work. We have noticed at our house how the special one on one time with mom or dad makes a big difference in the life of a child, great way to change poor behavior.

Stephanie said...

My boys have Daddy Days, too. They love picking out what they will be doing (w/in reason). I usually surprise the boys with a lunch date by picking them up from school. Last week, I took my oldest to a movie with me. Fun times!

Love the 'joke' with Emily. She definitely sees the BIG picture =)

Wright Life said...

I love Emily.

Hillybug said...

I love your posts. . .they make me laugh. . glad we are related. . .kind of. . .if boot-leg counts . . .which in my world it does :) Hope christmas was great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails