Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh, so festive!

We took the girls to the Scottish Festival again this year.

We saw some of this.

This kind of weirds me out, by the way. I did like the Roman section though but I'm not sure why the Romans were there in the first place. Hello, remember Hadrian's Wall - they built it to keep the Scots out of Roman Britain. How soon they forget . . . anyway. I got to throw a spear in their camp and I was really good at it.

We also watched the strong man festival. They were not so impressive. They were mostly just, how to do you say it politely, round. The strong women were awesome - not round, just buff - and fun to watch! Emily is planning to compete next year.

Heidi and Molly agreed that the shave ice was the best part of the festival. Dying the tongue is always a fun and festive event. Also, shave ice stops the whining.

I love how this kid is looking at these guys like they're nuts and the nuts are giving the kid on a leash the same look.

Next year we're getting Scott a kilt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails