Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

When I was but a wee lass, my Sunday School class got up on Mother's Day and told everyone why we loved our mothers.  I said, 

"I love my mother because she makes me rice."

Apparently, Emily loves me for the same reason.  

Her Kindergarten class made some fabulous Mother's Day cookbooks.  Each student told the teacher their favorite recipe that their mother makes.  These were not only very informative but also pretty darn hilarious sometimes.  

Here's Emily's recipe for rice.  Feel free to copy and try it at your home.

RICE

Ingredients:
  • 3 pounds of rice
  • butter
  • hot water
  • salt
How to make it:
  • You put it on the stove in a pan and put it on medium flame for 20 minutes or hours.
  • Stir it up.
  • Cool it down and put on the butter and eat it.
This is the perfect recipe for a busy mom.  It is so forgiving!  If you have to run some errands, it's OK.  You can cook it for up to 20 hours if you feel like it.  Also, if you realized you were supposed to feed the whole soccer team, that's OK too.  You've made enough rice for everyone!  

Thanks, Emily!  I will always love my recipe book!

If anyone is interested in the recipe for spaghetti with potato sauce or some chocolate chip cookies that contain bread and milk, let me know. I'm happy to share!

3 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

That is hilarious! This will be something that the two of you will laugh about in years to come. I have one question what does the pan look like that holds 3 pounds of rice?

patricia said...

I just had a great laugh. Thanks for telling me about the blog. You guys are awesome!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

That is hilarious!! Rice?? I've had your pancakes and she mentions rice? Really? Rice?

Related Posts with Thumbnails